Board Benchmarking launches a new Strategy Effectiveness Survey
Board Benchmarking believes Better Boards mean Better Organisations, so we just launched a new Strategy Effectiveness Survey.
We asked our friends, clients and contacts what they thought was the best Strategy Effectiveness Survey they had seen and they all said they had never seen one. We even asked Google and other search engines and also came up with nothing which is why we created our own.
Why is a Strategy Effectiveness Survey so important?
One of the primary roles of a board is to provide leadership and influence over the long-term direction and strategy of the organisation. Most boards and executive teams think they are pretty good at strategy but they don’t have an objective measure as to whether this is the case. Nor do they know, objectively, the areas of strategy they excel at and the areas where improvement could be achieved. And if they think they know their fellow directors and executives are likely to have a different view.
Our Strategy Effectiveness Survey helps boards, CEOs and executive teams:
- understand what areas of strategy they excel at, what areas they are reasonable at and the areas they could most improve
- determine the extent of the alignment between the board, CEO and executives concerning strategy and the areas where the extent of alignment most diverges
- reach alignment around the areas of their organisation’s strategy that could be improved and develop a road map towards such improvement.
Add rigour to your Strategy and its execution
Our new Strategy Effectiveness Survey is built on a well-researched framework which is set out below.
The survey will help you add rigour to your strategy by probing important issues such as the extent to which
- your strategy is grounded in a compelling purpose and vision
- your strategy is sufficiently ambitious
- your board and CEO encourage each other’s input into your strategy
- your strategy appropriately considers external factors that might impact it
- key stakeholders provide appropriate input
- the executive team is deeply committed to its execution
- the organisation has the right capabilities in the right areas to deliver your strategy
- you have the right metrics to track the successful execution of your strategy
Free Strategy Effectiveness Survey for individuals
Directors, CEOs and executive team members can complete a full version of our Strategy Effectiveness Survey for no cost by clicking here.
After you complete the survey, we will email you a copy of your survey responses in each survey framework area which will show you your highest and lowest ratings.
If you encourage your colleagues to complete the survey, they will be emailed their responses too. For a limited time, if at least 6 of your directors and/or executives of your organisation complete the survey and if you request a Strategy Effectiveness Scorecard based on all your organisation’s responses, we will provide that at no charge too.
Strategy Effectiveness Survey
Please contact us if you would like your board and/or executive team to complete our Strategy Effectiveness Survey and receive detailed reporting. One of our Global Board Advisory Partners can also provide expert advice to help you interpret your Strategy Effectiveness Report.
Click here to read the 10 prerequisites for a great board strategy day.